Funding opportunity for the establishment of an integrated UK Rare Disease Research Platform (nodes)
15th August 2022
Funding is available to coordinate and address tractable challenges in rare diseases and achieve a step change in the mechanistic understanding, diagnosis and therapy of rare diseases
- Funder: Medical Research Council (MRC)
- Co-funders: National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR)
- Opening date: 19 August 2022
- Closing date: 8 November 2022, 16:00
The MRC and NIHR will fund £12 million in total, for around 10 nodes.
Typical funding requests will be in the range of £800,000 to £1 million. The maximum cost that can be requested from the funders is up to £1.25 million, typically funded at 80% of the full economic cost. Funding is available for 5 years.
- provide coordination as part of a wider UK Rare Disease Research Platform
- connect the full spectrum of basic, clinical and translational research to stakeholders
- enable focused progress on defined topics
Applicants must be based at a UK research organisation eligible for MRC funding.
- Full details of the funding are available on the UKRI website
UK Rare Disease Research Platform webinar
- 7 September 2022, 14:00 - 15:00
This webinar will introduce the above MRC and NIHR funding opportunity to form a UK Rare Disease Research Platform.