Our role is to support the delivery of high-quality clinical research in Hepatology and manage participant recruitment to time and target, both for Hepatology studies which are led from Scotland, and studies led from other nations which Scottish sites are participating in. We provide support in the following areas:
- Managing the study portfolio record
- Monitoring the attainment of recruitment targets
- Providing advice on study design and feasibility
- Troubleshooting issues with poor recruitment
- Sharing information on new studies
- Identifying potential sites for studies
- Facilitating access to resource to support research, for example through Clinical Research Facility (CRF) Research Nurses.
Liver disease is the fifth most common cause of death in the UK. Research carried out in this specialty aims to detect liver disease earlier and develop and evaluate new therapies.
Specialty Lead: Professor Ewan Forrest
Performance Manager: Sarah Kennedy
Administrative Support: email@example.com