Metabolic and Endocrine
Our role is to support the delivery of high-quality clinical research in Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders and manage participant recruitment to time and target, both for studies which are led from Scotland, and studies led from other nations which Scottish sites are participating in.
We provide support in the following areas:
- managing the study portfolio record
- monitoring the attainment of recruitment targets
- providing advice on study design and feasibility
- troubleshooting issues with poor recruitment
- identifying potential sites for studies
- facilitating access to resource to support research, for example through Clinical Research Facility (CRF) Research Nurses
- facilitating research links and networking
At the moment we support approximately 20 Metabolic and Endocrine studies, about half of which are led from Scotland.
Specialty Lead: Dr Paul Newey
Performance Manager: Sarah Kennedy
Metabolic Research Register enquiries