Our role is to support the delivery of high quality clinical research in Ophthalmology and manage participant recruitment to time and target, both for Ophthalmology studies which are led from Scotland, and studies led from other nations which Scottish sites are participating in. We provide support in the following areas:
- Managing the study portfolio record
- Monitoring the attainment of recruitment targets
- Providing advice on study design and feasibility
- Troubleshooting issues with poor recruitment
- Identifying potential sites for studies
- Facilitating access to resource to support research, for example through Clinical Research Facility (CRF) Research Nurses.
The Scottish Ophthalmology portfolio is relatively small, so we are keen to support new investigators wishing to undertake Ophthalmology research in Scotland.
InnoScot Health focusses in on ophthalmic innovation with new call
InnoScot Health is seeking ideas from health and social care staff to help improve eye treatment and care. The package of support for health and social care staff with ideas to innovate in ophthalmology includes £25,000 of initial funding, regulatory support, project management, and the innovation expertise of InnoScot Health.
Fight for Sight Research Strategy 2017-2022 and Funding Opportunities
The eye research charity Fight for Sight Research Strategy 2017-2022, is designed to maximise the impact of research funding in their mission to stop sight loss.