- Anaesthesia, Perioperative Medicine, and Critical Care
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Infectious Diseases
- Mental Health
- Metabolic and Endocrine
- Musculoskeletal Health
- Neuroprogressive and Dementia
- Oral and Dental
- Primary Care
- Regenerative Medicine
- Reproductive Health and Childbirth
- Trauma and Emergencies
Children’s Research Network
NRS Children's Network is funded by the Chief Scientist Office (CSO) of Scottish Government and aims to increase the safety, efficacy and availability of medicines and health care for children by supporting high-quality clinical trials.
The Network co-ordinating centre is located in the Children’s Hospital in Aberdeen and studies registered can be supported by access to experienced research nurses plus:
- Identification of appropriate sites and principal investigators
- Advice on protocol design
- Feasibility studies
- Patient Identification and Recruitment
- Access to dedicated Children’s Research Facilities
- Data Collection
- Pharmacy support
- Research governance
- Design and content of age appropriate information and consent/assent sheets
- Troubleshooting and support if recruiting below target.
The network enjoys strong links with research networks across the UK, including Primary Care and Cancer in addition to strong links UK paediatric research networks - Medicines for Children Research Network, Northern Ireland Clinical Research Network (Children) and Welsh Children and Young People's Research Network.
NRS Children's is also an active member of the emerging European Medicines Agency sponsored network EnprEMA (European Network of Paediatric Research Networks). This ensures the network remains up to date with the rapidly changing legislative environment and can take advantage of potential opportunities to participate in European studies.
We have also established a Young Person's Group who can act collectively as advocates for children involved in research and can comment on study protocols and supporting documents.
University of Aberdeen
Department of Child Health
Royal Aberdeen Children's Hospital
Aberdeen AB25 2ZG
Tel: +44 (0) 1224 438474